Approved Literature Resources for Overeaters Anonymous
“In working Overeaters Anonymous’ Twelve-Step program of recovery from compulsive overeating, we have found that a number of tools are available
to assist us….” One of these tools is Literature.
How to purchase literature?
There are several ways to purchase literature. We recommend the following three resources. Any of them are a good way to enrich your
knowledge of the program.
- Visit a Local Meeting. Meetings carry a small sampling of literature for sale along with newcomer packets that are offered
free to newcomers. If a piece of literature is not available for sale, meeting members can provide guidance on suggested literature and
how to buy it.
- The Sacramento Valley Intergroup of Overeaters Anonymous (SVIOA) has the following literature available for sale or preview
at the monthly Intergroup meetings. Intergroup meets every second Tuesday of the month.
- Newcomer Packets
- Coins (Newcomer, Recovery, Milestone and the “Serenity Prayer” Coins.
- Other Literature On-Hand: Intergroup has an inventory of literature on-hand for sale and available at Intergroup meetings.
Once this inventory is sold-out, except for newcomer packets and coins, literature will no longer be offered for sale by Intergroup.
Check out the SVIOA Literature Inventory list. If
you would like to purchase any of this literature, contact our Literature Committee Person at: email@example.com
- A “Traveling Box”: The Traveling Box contains samples of all the literature (books, packets, pamphlets, manual) available
online through the OA Bookstore. It is designed to help individuals and groups view literature before ordering. The literature
in the Box is not for sale. If you would like to have the Traveling Box brought to your meeting for display, please contact the
Literature Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Overeaters Anonymous (OA) literature referenced above is available at:
World Service Bookstore http://bookstore.oa.org